1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
2. FIRST PARTY COOKIES
First-party cookies are cookies set by the specific website You visit i.e. the website displayed in the URL window.
3. THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third party cookies are set by third party services that appear on our pages. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in our control. They are set by e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and relate to Your ability to share content on this Site, as indicated by the icons on the Site.
4. COOKIE CATEGORIES
The type of cookies used on websites can be put into 1 of 4 categories, based on the International Chamber of Commerce ‘Guide to Cookie Categories’ as follows:
A. Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential, as they enable You to move around a website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, the Services You have asked for (such as access to secure areas) cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about You that could be used for marketing or remembering where You have been on the internet. These cannot be restricted or blocked.
B. Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how Your use of a website, for example which pages You go to most often and if You get any error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not gather information that identifies You. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works. These cookies are not used to target You with online advertising. Without these cookies we cannot learn how our Site is performing and make relevant improvements that could better Your browsing experience. These can be restricted or blocked.
C. Functionality & Profile Cookies: These cookies allow a website to remember choices You make (such as Your user name, language or the region You are in) and tailor the website to provide enhanced features and content for You. For instance, they remember Your log-in details and allow You to watch videos. They also ensure the onsite marketing and experience is relevant to You. These cookies can also be used to remember changes You have made to text size, font and other parts of pages that You can customise. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and it is not possible to track Your browsing activity on other websites. Without these cookies, a website cannot remember choices You have previously made or personalise Your browsing experience. These can be restricted or blocked.
D. Targeting Cookies: These cookies gather information about Your browsing habits. They remember that You have visited a website and share this information with other organisations such as advertisers. They do this in order to provide You with adverts that are more relevant to You and Your interests. Although these cookies can track Your visits to other websites, they do not usually know who You are. Without these cookies, online advertisements You encounter will be less relevant to You and Your interests. These can be restricted or blocked.
Cookies on our Site are used for the following purposes:
- To enable a Seller Member to post Items for sale on the Site by inputting information in pre-determined Posting Categories and to upload images of the Item;
- To enable a Seller Member to respond to a Sourcing Query;
- To enable a Buyer Member to view and search for Items;
- To enable a Buyer Member to send a Sourcing Query;
- To enable a Buyer Member to purchase an Item and reserve an Item for a Reservation Period;
- To enable You to login, register and submit Your UGC on the Site and to have Your details remembered for later;
- To enable an IDEx Member to avail of the ‘Project Folder’ function;
- To improve the Site’s usability;
- To analyse the use of our Site through analytics software such as Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a popular web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. The information generated by the cookie about Your use of our Site (including Your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google Analytics will use this information for the purpose of evaluating Your use of our Site, compiling reports on Site activity and behaviour – such as the typical length of stay on the Site or the average number of pages a user views or for the purpose of providing other services relating to Site activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google undertakes not to associate Your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- Below is a full list of the cookies used by IDEx along with which cookie category they slot in to, whether they are first or third party, what their purpose is and when they expire on Your device:
6. WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT COOKIES?
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the Directgov article: Internet Browser cookies - what they are and how to manage them.
7. WANT TO RESTRICT OR BLOCK ANY COOKIES?
By using our Site, You agree that We can place cookies on Your device, however, if You would like to restrict or block cookies used on our Site (or on any website), You will need to change the browser settings in each browser You use and on each device You use to access the internet. Click here to see full instructions for all browsers.
Please be aware that some of our Services will not function if Your browser does not accept the cookies.
More information about cookies can be found at:
Internet Advertising Bureau:
Guide to online advertising and privacy
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom: